Friday, December 14, 2012

Building my faith

I attend a wonderful home fellowship at my friend Dan and Athena's house. I am so blessed by it because each time we meet the Lord is gracious to reveal something more of Himself to me there. Tonight we did a little bit of a review ( :-) )and I was able to gather some thoughts that have been meandering in my mind since yesterday. As I shared on Facebook, I was just told that Cannon and I would not be able to move to North Dakota with Matt until the adoption is finalized (sad days...). After having a pout fest I gathered myself and heard a message from the Lord. The message actually came from several different sources and it seems easiest to lay them out that way.

Source #1: My Pastor who encouraged me to cling to Romans 8:28
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."
Such a wonderful verse that I have always known but am now being challenged to truly believe. (The Lord knows our hearts so much better than we do! I thought I did believe this until the Lord revealed my heart in this situation. I BELIEVE that this situation is not just bad luck. It is part of the Lord's plan as he continues to mold me int the image of His Son).

Source #2: Abraham. We are studying him in BSF right now and his faith never ceases to amaze me. When the Lord told him to leave his home in Haran he did so without question. I studied this passage in preparation for leaving as well...but as I am now being made to stay  and I want to stay with the same faith in which I was preparing to leave with. I will patiently wait on the Lord's timing to go.

Source #3: My thoughts given from the Lord (shared with my home fellowship group). If the Lord requires me to be in California a little bit longer, then I will obey Him. I wish my husband and I could be together, but I will submit to my God's will. If he wants to perform a miracle, I will accept it with open arms, for I know He is capable of it. But I do not expect that he will perform one on account of my faith and prayers for it. Expecting a miracle in return for my prayers is not faith, it is an exchange. My faith takes me back to Romans 8:28 and fully BELIEVING it. I know this situation will "work together for good...according to His purpose".

Source #4: More reflection on His word. The Lord kept reminding me of these verses I had (partially) committed to memory (time to fully commit these to memory!).

Romans 5:1-5
"Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through the Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we also have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us."

As well as this one:

Zechariah 13:9
"I will refine them as silver is refined, and test them as gold is tested. They will call on my name, and I will answer them. I will say 'This is my people'; And each one will say, 'The Lord is my God'"

Lord, allow my faith to be built up in these times. Help me to know you better because of it. When I became a Christian I was bought with the precious price of your Son's blood. I am yours Lord. I don't ask for a miracle so that I may be comfortable, I ask that you would miraculously comfort me where I am. I invite you to put my faith through the fire Lord--remove the dross from the silver until you are well pleased. I love you Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment