Friday, August 9, 2013

So I started a Mommy group :)

God has laid this desire on my heart for some time now, but I have been putting it off thinking that the Lord would find someone better qualified for the job. I didn't feel like the right candidate to do this type of task. I don't know a ton of people and I have been sooo lazy lately (I sat for a minute trying to find a nicer word than "lazy", but let's just call it like it is...You all are friends, you understand). Well, turns out God was not trying to find someone more "qualified" because He has all the qualities necessary to accomplish the task- He just needed me to submit. So here I am, at His feet praying I don't make a fool of myself...but then again, it's not about me is it?

I'd love to sit and write all about my goals and vision for this group...but I I think I will just copy and paste the e-mail I just sent out to our friends whom have joined thus far (mind you- I am not copying and pasting out of laziness, this is purely a strategy of efficiency as I am in the rare and coveted "golden hour" of when both boys are napping and I can actually shower!) So here it is:

Hi Friends!

First and foremost- Thank you for joining this group! I know all of your schedules are different (Some of you work full time, many of you have munchkins who are in school already, and most of us live in different cities!). I understand this will greatly affect the events you are able to attend-no worries! This group is not meant to add stress to your life (I don't want to add "one more thing to do" to your busy schedule!), but I think it is important for moms to gather together and encourage one another in good works:

"24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." (Hebrews 10:24-25)

I am blessed to be a stay at home mom, but sometimes I "stay at home" a little too much! By the time Matt gets home I am exhausted and shove the responsibility of the kids on him. I was doing this way more often than I would like to admit. One thing I noticed though was when I got out of the house and enjoyed the company of other moms, my days went exceedingly better! That being said, it's usually a struggle to get anywhere on time and squeeze in my shower before noon (but when I do it is well worth it!) I am encouraged and refreshed hearing your stories and advice. I am comforted to hear your harrowing tales of potty training messes, or sweet encouragement of dealing with temper tantrums. You all "spur me on toward love and good deeds :)

I hope this group will allow us to make those get togethers easier to plan. I hope it will allow us to get to know more mommies in our same positions. And mostly, I hope it will continue to transform us into the image of Christ as we allow Him to work through us as wives, mommies, and friends.

 In closing I ask that you please pray (for our own fellowship with our Father, for one another, and for glorifying Him through this outreach.)

[end italics :)]

I am excited for what God has planned here and look forward to updating the blog more often :)
Thanks for reading friends!

(I know, that is quite an abrupt ending to this post, but the "golden hour" is waning and I need to take advantage of it before it's gone!)

Link to group: http://www.meetup.com/Munchkins_and_moms/


No comments:

Post a Comment