Thursday, October 4, 2012

Rejoice Always.

October 4, 2011
I was just starting my third year of teaching. Matt was working with his dad as an electrician. Our dreams of having a child and Matt being a police officer were slipping away and we were trying to ACCEPT our lives as they were...

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
"Rejoice always. Pray continually. Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

I know I was not living up the  standard of God's word. I was not rejoicing- I was resigning. I was trying to accept life, accept that maybe this was God's will for me...

Spring 2011
Our church had a women's retreat which really spoke to many of our lovely ladies (see this and this blog post from friends who were in attendance with me). Here was the verse we clung to:

Ephesians 3:20-21
"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen."

I was reminded that God's plans are better than my own. I had plans for my life that I thought were great, but God's plans are "exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think"...

October 4, 2012 (Today)
We now have a WONDERFUL baby boy and my husband is in training to be a police officer! Seems to be EXACTLY what we prayed for, right???
Almost.
Our son is a foster son. Not yet legally "ours".
Matt is a police officer...in North Dakota. I am still in California.

The difference now is that I am truly trying to live out 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. This blog is my humble attempt to give Him all the glory due to Him-- to rejoice always, pray without ceasing, and give thanks IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES because I know He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that I ask or think. AMEN!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog Clarissa. That was very inspiring. The Lord has impressed those verses on me as well, especially 1Thessalonians 5:16-18. We are praying for you guys. Marty

    ReplyDelete